By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and evaluation standards of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- presents exam-style questions and suggestions for every suitable specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This name is acceptable for numerous classes including:
- AQA: Wars and Welfare: Britain in Transition, 1906-1957
- OCR: Britain 1900-1951
Read Online or Download Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
This e-book constitutes an immense reappraisal of the past due Anglo-Saxon nation at the eve of its dying. Its significant concentration is the kin of Ealdorman Leofwine, which received strength in Mercia and retained it all through a unprecedented interval of political upheaval among 994 and 1071. In doing so it explores a paradox: that earls have been terribly prosperous and strong but relatively insecure.
During this attention-grabbing ebook, initially released in 1989, Anne Smith documents interviews with a bunch of octogenerian ladies, protecting all social sessions and an exceptional number of event. She permits the ladies to talk for themselves, bringing to mild the submerged background of standard women's lives. This e-book might be of curiosity to vast normal readership, in addition to scholars of British social heritage and women's stories.
The 1st Jews settled in Golders eco-friendly in advance of the 1st international struggle, and by means of 1930 the suburb have been known for its major Jewish neighborhood. by means of 1960 the Jewish inhabitants of Golders eco-friendly had tripled. A century after the arriving of the 1st Jewish households, the group is still very various and is starting to be quickly.
Even supposing the various attitudes towards the English crown and the order of English society have been significant to the variations among the loyalists and the militants, disagreements concerned many questions except political ones, together with the position of the Jesuits within the English project and the character of church executive.
- Ceremony and Civility: Civic Culture in Late Medieval London
- British Naval Aviation: The First 100 Years (Corbett Centre for Maritime Policy Studies Series)
- British Battlefields - Volume 4 - Scotland & The Border: Battles That Changed The Course Of British History
- Isle of Sheppey in the Great War (Towns And Cities)
- Medieval Market Morality
- Early Tudor Yorkshire (Blackthorn History of Yorkshire Book 5)
Additional resources for Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition by Michael Lynch